Saturday, December 20, 2008

Explosive Curling























CAMROSE – The Edgeworth Centre blew its roof off this morning.

As The Fed explains, bystanders like Kevin Martin were positively giddy.

“Sport doesn’t get any better than that,” Martin raved.

“I don’t care what sport you’re talking about. That was great shooting. It’s amazing shit.”

The photo above was taken by Sean Mascaluk, of S&L Photography right here in Camrose. Sean captured John Morris seconds after he became the fifth curler out of eight to nail the pinhole in a wild all-team sudden-death shootout series.

Following singles play this afternoon, the World now leads North America 119 to 81, and here comes skins curling: men’s, women’s and mixed again tonight, and the big enchilada finale tomorrow.

5 comments:

Huskers-For-Palin said...

Crappy TSN signal, line-up controversy and this tournament is a bunch of crap!!!! Howard and Waite owe their team mates an apology for essentially forfeiting the game (15/15 split). Team world plays with heart...they act like winners.

IS THIS THE BEST WE CAN DO???

Dean Gemmell said...

A small mea culpa here, George. Watched the Saturday morning via TSN.com from Spain and I must say it was good sports television. Johnny Mo made some beauties to keep that game interesting and the battle to cover the pinhole between Brown and Wang was quite something. Still not sold on the event but I have to be honest and say that Saturday looked good.

Of course, I didn't see the Singles. I'm doubtful there.

Best,

Dean

Dean Gemmell said...

Except, sadly, now I've read about a rules infraction that led to simply splitting points. I've also watched a bit of singles and, well, let's just say that I don't think televising team practices is a good idea.

That said, I'll hang in there with it. Still jet lagged so I can't sleep and the VOD works here.

TCN said...

Tight women's skins final thus far: 14-11 for JJones over Norberg...

TCN said...

All over but the crying.