Saturday, December 12, 2009

Trials All-Star Hotties






















by Margo Weber

EDMONTON – Come on. You read the blog mayhem from the Calgary Brier, right?

You know I had to "go there" eventually, right?

Okay, here they are... the long awaited All Star Hottie Teams at these here Tim Hortons Canadian (Olympic) Curling Trials.

I give no explanation for my picks, except for sheer hotness. There is a serious Alberta flavour here, but I did try not to be biased. Remember, there were six Alberta teams in the field...

I caught a lot of heck – Dalene Heck? – for my Brier picks, but I think these choices are, for the most part, obvious. Whatever.

MEN

Fourth – David Nedohin
Third – John Morris
Second – Carter Rycroft
Lead – The farmer from the Dekalb TV commercials. Note: there are two farmers, I’m talking about the scruffy cute one.

WOMEN

Skip – Crystal Webster
Third – Jeanna Schrader
Second – Sheri Singler
Lead – Chelsey Bell

** My husband wants a disclaimer here that his picks are Jennifer Jones, Kim Schneider and Kari MacLean and he thinks I should be playing lead on one of these teams. To THAT I say I’d have to start going to the gym.

Agree with my picks? Disagree? Feel free to discuss!

[CCA photo of Morris by Michael Burns]

5 comments:

Dan said...

What ??? I don't think a woman should be telling men what "other" women are hot ! I side with your husband and would add Cheryl Bernard, she screams hotness ! Just look at that picture a few entries ago.

I don't care what guys you pick, but let us guys (or your husband) pick the hot women....thankyouverymuch.

Your Big Bro said...

I think that T-dog has the beer goggles on a bit. Stellar journalism once again M-Web..

Anonymous said...

I vote Jennifer Jones, Tara George, Kari Maclean and Jacquie Armstrong.

Anonymous said...

I disagree with everyone...

Sam Preston, 2nd for Crystal Webster, hottest female curler in Canada.

Reid Carruthers said...

Lead happens to be one of my best friends from highschool. Yet he is the furthest thing from a farmer. Dont think he stepped foot on a farm until making of the commercial. His name is Jason! Not gunnlaugson however!

Reid Carruthers